ds3.1 在 xp sp2 的问题
发表于2004/10/19 16:32:00 4279人阅读
||Due to changes in the operating system structures there is a patch required for using the tools on Windows XP SP2. |
This patch is for DriverStudio and/or DriverSuite version 2.7, 3.01 and version 3.1 to obtain compatibility with Windows XP SP2. It covers several products.
For SoftICE (DriverStudio, DriverSuite and SoftICE for DPS 3.1).
1. These versions only require an updated operating system information file. Download the latest operating system info file from: ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/driverstudio/outgoing/OsInfo/OSINFO.DAT,
2.Copy this file into the windows/system32/drivers directory.
3.Reboot and the machine will be up to date for running with XP SP2.
For SoftICE (DriverStudio, DriverSuite and SoftICE for DPS 2.7 and 3.01)
1. Using the symbol retriever application download symbols for your ntoskrnl.exe.
Symbol retriever is located in start->programs->Compuware DriverStudio (DriverSuite) ->Debug-> Symbol Retriever. If your version does not have it then it can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/driverstudio/outgoing/utility/SymRetriever.zip and copied into the softice directory.
To get symbols:
Copy the file ntoskrnl.exe from the system32 directory into the same directory as the debug info. This will be <root directory>/symserver/ntoskrnl.dbg/<some guid>.
- Open up symbol retriever
- Click 揳dd file(s)?
- Browse to the system32 directory
- Select ntoskrnl.exe
- Click 揼et symbols?
2. Translate the debug info for ntoskrnl.exe
- Invoke the symbol loader
- Click file->open
- Browse to the copied ntoskrnl.exe and open it.
- Use module->translate to generate the softice debug info.
3. Add the symbols to the list of symbols to load at boot time
4. Add NTSYMBOLS=ON keyword to winice.dat.
- From Symbol loader
- Edit->softice initialization settings->softice initialization ->symbols.
- Use the add button
- Browse to the NMS file located created in the previous step. (default <root directory>/symserver/ntoskrnl.dbg/<some guid>..
This can be hand edited into this file by placing the line NTSYMBOLS=ON after any load statements in the winice.dat.
It can also be added by going into the Symbol loader use Edit->softice initialization settings->advanced and typing NTSYMBOLS=ON in the edit box and then hitting add.
5. Update the operating system info. Download the latest operating system info file from: ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/driverstudio/outgoing/OsInfo/OSINFO.DAT,
Copy this file into the windows/system32/drivers directory.
6. Reboot and the machine will be up to date for running with XP SP2.
For Visual SoftICE (DriverStudio and DriverSuite version 3.1 only).
1. Download the patch from the following link and follow the readme contained there.
|DriverStudio 2.7, DriverStudio 3.x, SoftICE Driver Suite 2.x, SoftICE Driver Suite 3.x|
|Windows XP |