[Oracle Installation] Install Oracle 8i on AIX 5L
发表于2004/7/13 12:13:00 1249人阅读
Dec. 04, 2002
Q: Install Oracle 8i on AIX 5L
while run "runInstaller" to install oracle 8.1.7 64bit for AIX on AIX 5L platform , it shows the error like " directory /tmp/OraInstall can not access or the size of the directory less than 25M, please ensure the size of this directory or file"
how can i solf this problem???
waitting on line......
Clean your /tmp directory --
this error caused by you installed oracle on same machine before.
drop all /temp/oraInstall directory will be ok.
1. /tmp/oraInstall error is a command error on installation of AIX environment. I remeber on the online documentatiaon installation guide, oracle recommance that min. 25M should be available in /tmp/oraInstall directory.
2. I did install oracle817 on 5L, but what I installed is oracle817 32 bit version - Oracle doesn't certified oracle817 64 bit for 5L environment. I did not meet any problem during installation. I met error when i tried to run database. the error Oracle knew too. You have to shutdown 5L 64 bit option, ask 5L running as 32 bit OS environment.
I wish above info will help you work out your issues.
- Oracle 11g R2 GI and DB Installation on AIX 6.1L
- ORACLE 9I FOR AIX 5L 的安装文档
- Oracle9i AIX5L上的安装、建库与升级笔记
- 在AIX5L中mklv-TO创建没有头部偏移的LV（for Oracle datafile）
- 在aix5L 安装oracle 10g rac需要配置的参数
- ORACLE11g 数据库在 AIX 5L 下的安装配置文档
- Install Oracle on RHEL5 - step by step